CertificationsInternational Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) #13426854 2017-2023
- Performed process and business analysis activities in numerous industries and locations over the course of my entire career.
- Worked with customers and technical teams to identify, negotiate, and manage requirements while building effective solutions for automation and process improvement.
- Identified, collected, conditioned, and analyzed large volumes of descriptive, historical, and operating data in most positions I've held.
- Incorporated data into a wide variety of complex simulations in many industries for many target applications.
- Analyzed data to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Systems I designed and implemented included tools to archive and review copious amounts of ongoing operational data.
- Presented data in a wide variety of graphical, tabular, and textual formats.
- Wrote tools to parse and compile data into usable, summarized forms from structured and unstructured data.
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Professional (PMP) #1284485 2009-2024
- Served as Technical Project Manager on numerous engagements and served for several years as Program Manager for four different ongoing engagements under one umbrella contract.
- Applied PMBOK principles described in the project phase - subject grid.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) 2015-2023
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) 2015-2023
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) 2015-2023
- Worked in an iterative, Agile fashion for much of my career, and specifically in my last two positions over 13 years.
- I have worked with customer processes, requirements, and systems of all kinds for my entire career.
- I took the courses and earned the certifications in order to learn about the Scrum Process in detail in the fastest way possible. All of it makes sense in the context of what I've seen after having been involved in most facets of software design, implementation, and management since I began working with software in college.
- I am seeking a position as a Business Analyst, Process Analyst, Scrum Product Owner, or Developer.
- The job of the Product Owner is 95% about analyzing processes, working with customers, and defining, analyzing, and managing requirements, and only 5% about formal Scrum techniques, particularly if an experienced ScrumMaster is present.
Villanova University Online
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (CLSSBB) #VIL020684 2015-2018
- Six Sigma is about making the process meet requirements and continually improve. Most efforts in software engineering and verification and validation fall into this category.
- Lean is about doing the same things using less time, less money, or fewer resources. Most of the discrete-event simulation and business process reengineering projects I worked on were exercises in Lean analysis and engineering.